First Time Users Information
New users are trying Kratom every day! Before you decide to give Kratom a try, it is important to inform yourself and know what to expect from this botanical. Kratom effects can seem contradictory to the uninformed user: this plant can boost energy and strength while also helping to calm and relax you.
- If you use a smaller amount, you will feel more mentally awake, experience heightened attention and awareness, and see your motivation increase dramatically.
- With larger doses, the effects of Kratom can lead to feelings of euphoria, reduction in anxiety, sedative-like effects as well as putting you into a restful state of mind.
A person’s response to Kratom can vary widely depending on many factors, such as age, weight and personal biochemistry. Additionally since Kratom it is a natural product its effects can vary between batch to batch as well as from strain to strain. Such as how sometimes a fruit is more sweet from one tree to the next.Growing conditions and physical characteristics of the plant itself can significantly change the characteristics of the leaf, so seasonal differences can be apparent as well!
First Time Users Checklist
Important! People vary in sensitivity to Kratom, and Kratom from different sources can vary in potency, sometimes quite a lot! If you are a first time user, please proceed slowly until you know your own limits.
- If taking other medicine, please investigate any interactions and discuss with your doctor.
- If you are new to Kratom, please proceed slowly until you know your own limits and have established you have no allergies or other reactions to Kratom.
- Many people experience nausea when using very strong doses.
- Sensitive individuals may experience nausea at lower doses.
- Some people are hypersensitive to Kratom, and may experience adverse reactions such as severe and prolonged vomiting.
- Start with a small dose, 1-2 grams on an empty stomach in the morning, or wait 2-3 hours after eating.
- DO NOT take a strong, or very strong dose, the first time you are sampling a new batch of Kratom! One should always start with a low dose when experimenting with a new batch of Kratom until you familiar of its characteristics. One can then increase the dose gradually with subsequent experiments until one obtains the desired level of effects.
- Don’t operate a vehicle or dangerous machinery.
- It is prudent to slowly find your own limits and wanted effects until you find the balance that you would wish to achieve.
Dosage and Dosage Charts
1 – 3 grams.
Many users find 1-3 grams is the optimal dose, even after years of usage.
Always proceed carefully with a new batch of Kratom. Potency varies from order to order and from seasons to season. Choose conservatively based on your prior usage requirements.
2 – 4 grams
Even for long term repeat usage, Kratom is very effective.
4 – 8 grams.
Example: 90 kg. Male, user of Kratom for 2-3 years with multiple doses per day. Optimal dose for me is 5 grams.
4 – 10 grams.
Regardless of the condition, Kratom is quite effective at low dosages for even hard conditions.
Keep in mind, the higher the dose, the more likely chance of uncomfortable side effects, such as nausea or dizziness may occur.
All measurements of dosage CAN ONLY BE RELIABLE in terms of weight (grams).
Different batches, different levels of drying, and many other factors indicate that measurement of dosage by volume is completely unreliable.
We urge anyone whom wishes to use Kratom therapeutically to buy a digital scale that can measure in at least tenths (.1 good or .01 better) of grams for consistent results! These are usually 10 euros or less and totally worth it.
This being said, we have provided a “Dosage Conversion Chart” that can assist for those who don’t have a scale appropriate for measurement.
Tips for Taking Kratom
- This is a crucial step to always take when dosing, make sure you drink plenty of water. Hydration increases the quality of the effects as well as prolonging its effect, plus water is good for you!
- Best to dose on an empty stomach, or at least 3 hours after eating. It is also suggest to eat approximately 1 hour after dosing.
- There’s a sweet spot for Kratom on the perfect amount of grams that works best for you. You’ll learn it after a bit of experience. What you’ll often find is that fewer grams can often produce a better effect than a larger dose.
- If you dose more than once per day be aware that you may experience ‘same day tolerance. For instance if it’s your 2nd burn of the day, you may need to add an extra gram than usual. Then possibly another extra gram if it’s your 3rd burn of the day. The longer you can wait between doses, the less tolerance will be developed.
- If you notice the quality of effects are diminishing, and are having to dose larger doses for the same effects, it is often due to your tolerance increasing. Rotating types of Kratom keeps the receptors fresh to reduce tolerance.
- Sometimes Kratom effects can take more than 30 minutes to kick in, especially if you have eaten something recently. Other times, it’s because your tolerance is too high. Instead of keep adding many more grams after a dud dose; just wait a couple hours to try again. Taking too much Kratom can make you a bit drowsy, as well as exacerbate side effects such as wobbles and nausea.